Brown Rice Stuffing
A healthy holiday dish from Biggest Loser's Shay Sorrells.Yield: Serves 6
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. thyme
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Cook brown rice with chicken broth instead of water for that extra flavor.
- Once rice is done, cook coconut oil, onion, celery, poultry seasoning, thyme and pepper in a pan until vegetables are tender and crisp.
- Stir in rice; cook until thoroughly heated.
- Bake in a covered baking dish at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
Source: Shay Sorrells