Baked Parmesan Chicken
Don't deny yourself this Italian classic. Save calories and guilt by baking instead of frying.
|Vitamin A:||118.8iu (2%)|
|Vitamin C:||2.1mg (3%)|
Bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese give chicken a crispy, savory coating. You save 155 calories and 11 grams of fat with this recipe as compared to 1 fried chicken breast.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 4 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. paprika
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Place chicken breast halves in yogurt and refrigerate while getting the rest of the items ready. Mix the rest of the ingredients together in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Lightly spray a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Coat each piece of chicken well with yogurt and dredge in crumb mixture, pressing down well on both sides and turning over several times to get a thick coat of crumbs.
- Place chicken on baking sheet and lightly spray the top with nonstick cooking spray. Bake breasts for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is fork tender and juices run clear.
Recipe reviewed and nutritional analysis completed by Terry Grieco Kenny for DietsInReview.comTotal Preparation & Cooking Time: 35 min. (15 Prep, 20 Cook)