Featured Blog Posts
Asian Napa Cabbage Carrot Slaw with Snow Peas
A lively, fresh Asian-inspired side dish you can feel good about serving.
Per Serving: 116 Calories, 3g Protein, 16g Carbohydrates, 5g Fat, 4g Fiber, 0mg Cholesterol, 14mg SodiumYield: Serves 8
- 4 cups shredded Napa cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 red onion, sliced in rings
- 8 ounce fresh snow peas
- 1/3 c. rice wine vinegar
- 2 T. peanut oil
- 1/4 c. honey
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 T. fresh grated ginger
- 2 oz. sesame seeds, roasted
- Toss shredded Napa cabbage, shredded carrots, sliced red onion, and fresh snow peas in large salad bowl.
- In small bowl, whisk together rice wine vinegar, peanut oil, honey, minced garlic, fresh grated ginger, and 2 T. of the roasted sesame seeds.
- Pour dressing over the slaw and toss until well coated. Sprinkle with remaining sesame seeds and chill until serving time.
Source: Sharon Palmer, RD