Aromatic Roasted Vegetables
Serve as a hearty side dish, or a bold vegetarian meal.
A winter favorite, aromatic roasted vegetable dish incorporates the natural bounty of the season. Serve with marinated roasted red peppers, a chunk of feta and a slice of rustic bread.
- 1 large eggplant, halved lengthwise, then sliced 1/4" thick
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise, then sliced 1/4" thick
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled then sliced 1/8" thick
- 4 medium tomatoes, 2 cut into quarters and the other 2 finely chopped
- 1 large onion, halved lengthwise, then thinly sliced
- 2 artichokes, quartered, trimmed and parboiled (optional)
- 3–4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup water or stock
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tv ground cumin
- 3 TB dried oregano
- sea salt, to taste
- ground pepper, to taste
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place all ingredients in a heavy, shallow baking pan, toss together and bake (about 1 to 1 1/2 hours total, covered for the first half hour) until tender, stirring occasionally.
Source: Recipe and image via Chef John Procacci for Healthy Chef Creations