Featured Blog Posts
Angel Hair with Rockin' Red Clam Sauce
Biggest Loser says you can have your pasta and eat it too!
392 calories, 42 g protein, 40 g carbohydrates, 9 g fat (2 g saturated), 82 mg cholesterol, 14 g fiber, 726 mg sodiumYield: Serves 1
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. finely chopped yellow or white onion
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pouch (3 1/2 ounces) baby clams, drained
- 1/2 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch of red-pepper flakes, or more to taste
- 2 oz. (one-fourth of an 8-ounce box) Nutrition Kitchen Angel Hair Style Golden Whole Soybean Pasta
- 1 to 2 tsp. grated reduced-fat Parmesan cheese
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
Meanwhile, lightly mist a small nonstick skillet with olive oil spray. Set over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 4 minutes, or until almost tender. (Do not brown.) Add the clams. Increase the heat to medium high. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the excess liquid is completely evaporated. Reduce the heat to low. Add the tomatoes, oregano, and oil. Season with red-pepper flakes.
When the water boils, add the pasta to the pot. Stir. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes, or until al dente. Drain and add to the skillet mixture. Toss to combine. Transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with the cheese. Serve immediately.
Source: Devin Alexander from the Biggest Loser Cookbook