Almond Biscuit Ring
A baked treat you can prepare in the microwave.
- 1/4 c. granulated brown sugar, replacement
- 2 tbsp. dietetic maple syrup
- 2 tsp. reduced calorie margarine
- 2 tsp. water
- 1/3 c. unsalted roasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 (8 oz.) tube refrigerator biscuits
- In a 1 1/2 quart microwave safe casserole, combine the brown sugar
replacement, maple syrup, margarine and water
- Cover with a paper towel and microwave on high for one minute
- Allow to sit, covered for one minute, then stir to mix in the melted margarine
- Stir in the almonds
- Cut each of the biscuits into four pieces.
Roll each piece into a ball
- Dip each piece into the syrup mixture then place in a microwave safe ring mold
- Arrange all coated balls uniformly around the ring mold
- Pour any remaining syrup over the balls in the mold
- Microwave on medium (50% power) for 5 to 6 minutes, turning the
mold 1/4 turn after each two minutes, until biscuits are cooked through
- Remove from microwave and immediately cover with waxed paper
- Allow to sit undisturbed 5 minutes; then turn out onto a serving dish.
Recipe reviewed and nutritional analysis completed by Terry Grieco Kenny for DietsInReview.com