Darlene is the author of the weight loss blog Confessions of a Dieter at www.confessionsofadieter.com. She shares her humorous and sometimes emotional confessions of her struggles and triumphs through her weight loss journey.
We have all been there. You finally made the decision (again) to lose the weight once and for all. You really mean it this time! It starts off great. You are tracking everything you eat, walking every day, and full of excitement. Over the next month or so, you lose weight and feel better. Then slowly, your motivation begins to disappear. You give in to the birthday cake, the vending machine starts taking your money, and you hit a drive-thru and supersize. The scale starts creeping back up. Here we go again…
Here are some ideas that can help you find that inner strength to stay on course:
1. First and foremost, take a deep breath and Do Not Give Up! Even if you just had a really bad day of eating, you can always start over with the next bite, with the next drink, with the next step. We all fall down once in a while. The important part is getting back up!
2. Set small goals. Large goals can seem overwhelming and unachievable. Small goals can give you quick wins.
3. Celebrate your successes. Treat yourself to something special that isn’t food related, like a new book or a massage!
4. Get a support group. It is important to have someone you can talk to when the going gets tough! Find people in the same boat as you or who have been where you are. They can be your life line to success!
5. Keep a positive attitude. Eliminate negative self talk. If you are having a tough time, just smile. You will be amazed at what this does to your emotions and thoughts. Go ahead and try it now!
6. Create a vision board. Get out your favorite magazines and cut out anything that might inspire you on this weight loss journey. Glue it all on a poster board and display it in a place where you will see it every day.
It was first and foremost, but it is also last and most important…take a deep breath and Do Not Give Up!
Guest Blog Series: Look for the following badge on your favorite health sites to see if they have been a featured guest blogger on DietsInReview.com. See other posts in the Guest Blog series.
If you would like to apply to be featured as a guest blogger, please contact us.