During your 20s, you want to establish positive habits that can carry you through a long, healthy life. Stay active, eat right and follow these 10 tips to ensure you’re doing all you can to maintain a healthy weight, or lose a few extra college pounds.
1. Focus on cardio: Hit the cardio for at least 45 minutes to an hour. I recommend the treadmill, elliptical, or bike.
2. Weight training: Try using circuit training or super-setting styles to increase your heart rate and endurance.
4. Stay busy: Try to stay busy and out of the kitchen. Most people often eat when they are bored, so keep occupied.
5. Water: Drink plenty of water. This will keep the body hydrated and will also give your stomach a full sensation which deceases your appetite.
6. Sleep: Get plenty of sleep. This will help the body feel well rested and will help energize your workouts.
7. Partner: Find a partner with similar goals and fitness level. This will help you motivate each other and hold each other accountable.
8. Goal: Set short-term goals and a long-term one as well. This will help motivate you and give you something to strive for. Have a reward in mind when you reach your goal.
9. Get a trainer: Personal trainers are useful for several reasons. They help motivate you, keep you accountable, help make the workout process fun and rewarding, and keep track of your progress.
10. Get a dog: A dog is man’s best friend. A dog requires a lot of physical activity and walking the dog is a great way for the both of you to stay active.
See the rest of Matt’s How to Lose Weight at Any Age series: