Las Vegas is extremely hot during the summer and brutally cold during the winter. But it does offer some great outdoor running options. Below are the top three places to run in Las Vegas:
1. The Strip – Las Vegas Boulevard is one of the most populated streets in America every day of the year. Early morning runs offer great views of the casinos and tremendous people watching. There’s always something going on no matter what time of day you choose to run. Motivation seems to be at its peak during your entire run. I recommend a round trip run starting at the Mandalay Bay Hotel & Casino, heading north until you hit the Sahara Hotel & Casino. After returning to the Mandalay Bay Hotel & Casino you should have run a little over seven miles. Good luck and have fun! (more…)
Seattle, Washington is an amazing coastal city that has so much to offer its locals and tourists. Seattle is home to luxurious sky scrapers, rock legends, irresistible fresh seafood, and an active outdoors culture with several great places to run. Below is a list of the best and safest places to run in Seattle.
Best Places to Run in Seattle
- Green Lake Park: One of Seattle’s most beloved parks that attracts tons of locals and tourists each day. The park offers plenty of recreation area, a newly reconstructed three-mile jogging path, and scenic lake-front views. (more…)
Orlando, Florida is one of America’s most popular vacation hot spots. It is home to Disney World, Magic basketball, sunny weather, and filled to the brim with great places to run. Keep in mind that while finding a place to run; safety should always come first. Below are the best and safest places to run in Orlando.
Best Places to Run in Orlando
- Waterfront Park: Located about 20 miles west of downtown; this seven-mile trail around Lake Minneola is one to remember. The park offers plenty of parking, restrooms, water, and a playground for the kids. (more…)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania is home to the authentic Philly cheesesteak, a dietary indulgence, Independence Hall, and Philly baseball. Philadelphia is also where the classic movie “Rocky” was filmed, great inspiration for a boxing workout to get in shape. There are also several amazing places to run. Below is a list of the best and safest places to run in Philadelphia.
Best Places to Run in Philadelphia
- Schuylkill River Trail: Located near Center City Philadelphia, this 23-mile trail runs along the Schuylkill River and ends near Valley Forge National Park. The trail gets very busy on the weekends, but it is 12 feet wide and paved so it provides plenty of space to run. (more…)
Miami, Florida not only offers great weather and beautiful beaches, but several great places to run. Running is one of the best exercises for the body and a great way to relieve stress. Below is a list of the best places to run in Miami.
Best Places to Run in Miami
- Miami Beach Boardwalk: The wooden boardwalk, located between 21st and 49th streets, extends for approximately two miles along the beach. It is perfect for an early morning run. (more…)
St. Louis, Missouri is home to the famous Gateway Arch, Cardinal’s baseball, and Ram’s football. St. Louis is an amazing city and I totally recommend a visit if you have never done so. It also offers several great running and bicycle trails as well. Below are the best and safest places to run in the St. Louis area.
Best Places to Run in St. Louis
- Riverfront Trail: Runs eleven miles from the Gateway Arch to Riverfront Park in North St. Louis. The trail is accompanied by great sight seeing and a pleasant atmosphere. (more…)
When I recently moved to a new area I was having a hard time finding good running routes outside of the gym, having been spoiled living close to a park in my old neighborhood. I was recently introduced to MapMyRun, which allows you to search your city for running routes, which all list the distance as well as have a map with the route for you to follow.
Our very own fitness expert Matt has been blogging his series “Best places to run” and this is a great addition for those of you looking for additional resources for various cities across the country. (more…)
Georgia, known as the peach state, got its nickname and reputation for growing the highest quality fruit. The peach became the official state fruit in 1995. Atlanta, Georgia‘s capitol and the third largest city in the United States, is home to several great places to run. A few of which are listed below:
Best Places to Run in Atlanta
- Peidmont Park: Atlanta’s best known and second largest park (185 acres). Located in the heart of Atlanta, over two million people visit Peidmont Park each year. The three-mile jogging trail is full of special attractions and spectacular nature views. (more…)
Chicago, Chicago, Chicago!! This great city offers tourists and locals so many different things to do. From inner city adventures to hitting the beaches of Lake Michigan, the Windy City has a rich history and lifestyle offerings. Chicago also offers several amazing safe places to run; the best of which are listed here!
Best Places to Run in Chicago
- Lakefront Walk: Located on the shore of Lake Michigan and extending over 18 miles of beautiful lake shore views. Simply amazing!! (more…)
San Francisco is one of the most beautiful cities in the nation and has a population of around 800,000 people. San Francisco has so much to offer and I totally recommend a trip there if you have never been before. Just this year it was named number five on the list of America’s fittest cities, and in 2008 named the number one city for “walkability.” Finding a place to run in San Francisco is not hard, but be sure to find the safest and most scenic locations.
Best Places to Run in San Francisco
- Big Basin Redwoods State Park: It’s located near the Peninsula and offers more than 15,000 acres stretching from the Santa Cruz Mountains to the beaches of the Pacific Ocean. The ten-mile running trail will take you by waterfall after waterfall and trees that are more than 1500 years old. (more…)
Texas, what a great state! I absolutely love Texas and have spent a lot of time in or around the Dallas area. The population of Dallas is over two million, but seems to be spread out rather well. Dallas is one of my favorite cities and it offers a fitness-friendly atmosphere as well. If you have never been to Dallas, Texas I totally recommend it. Below are the best and safest places to run in Dallas.
Best Places to Run in Dallas
- White Rock Lake: This is the most popular running place in Dallas. It consists of nine-plus miles of waterfront trails, picnic areas, playgrounds, fishing, and horseback riding. If you love to run and enjoy people watching, this is the place for you. It’s also home to the Dallas Marathon (White Rock Marathon). (more…)