There are a few items that are must-have arsenal when living a healthy lifestyle. Your fridge, which we’ve already covered, and your gym bag!
In my gym bag I have 10 essentials:
1. A Fitbook: An amazing journal/planner to track all of my calories and workouts and MORE!
2. A GOOD pair of shoes: I had my feet analyzed by a shoe company that told me the best shoe for me. You can get this done at many running stores, and yes it is worth the financial investment! A good shoe can save you many injuries!
3. A pair of workout capris: For me, shorts ride up and pants are too hot, so capris are a perfect balance. I have also found that the more fitting they are the less chaffing they cause.
4. A breathable material top: I am not a “gear head,” meaning I don’t have to have a specific brand I wear, so I buy $2 tanks on clearance from wherever as long as they are thin and loose.
5. An awesome pair of socks: I use the ones from Asics that are anatomically supporting! This helps my archless-ness. They are left and right, so no getting dressed in the dark!
6. A good sports bra: I buy a size smaller for extra support and I know a good one by the fabric – the thicker the fabric the better support.
7. A few hair bands
8. iPod: with some uplifting playlists!
9. A schedule of classes: When you are feeling like you are lost (happens to ALL of us) join a class and have someone else tell you what to do and get on a GREAT burn!
10. Water bottle: Hydration is super important folks! Toss some lemon/lime slices in for some vitamin C, flavor and it looks snazzy, too!