UPDATE: Shay Loses 52 pounds to win $52,000 from Subway. Shay will now run a marathon with Jarred from subway for a chance to double her winnings
Eliminated Week 9 – See Shay’s Elimination Interview
Follow along on Shay’s journey in Biggest Loser season 8. Each week we’ll update with accomplishments, weight loss, new videos and more.
Watch the interview by Hollie Self with Shay during week one at the ranch.
Hometown Newport Beach, CA
Occupation Social worker
Team Color Orange
Starting Weight 476
Final Weight 252 (after Subway challenge)
Total Loss -224
Family Married, Two Kids – 5, 9
- Heaviest player in the show’s history
- Beat record for losing 100 pounds in 9 weeks, the fastest by a woman
- Will weigh-in at season nine finale, earning $1000 per pound lost from Subway
- “The 15 of us just showed week two where to shove it!” – Week 2
- “Old me was on their way to death. Now I’m on my way to life.” – Week 3
Try the Biggest Loser Diet at home! With the online program you’ll get access to meal plans, fitness guidance, peer support and much more. It’s your way to lose like the contestants. Join Now!
Other Spellings Shay Sorrells, Shauntina Sorrells, Shawntina Sorrells, Shay Sorrell, Shay Sorrel, Biggest Loser Shay, Biggest Loser Shauntina
DietsInReview.com is your Biggest Loser 8 Resource. Sign-up now for the Biggest Loser Newsletter and each Thursday you’ll receive:
- A chance to win a Brita pitcher and Filter For Good water bottle
- Episode recaps by Biggest Loser 7’s Mike Morelli
- Exclusive elimination interviews
- Biggest Loser recipes
- And much more!