Twitter Party THIS Wednesday night, sponsored by Skinny and Co. Coconut Oil!
Where: Hosted by @DietsInReview on #SkinnyCoCo
When: Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at 8:00p CST
Who: Sponsored by @SkinnyCoco, makers of 100% natural, unrefined, extra virgin, cold pressed coconut oil.
Panelists: @MaryHartleyRD, @BL11Courtney, @MealandaSpiel, @BrooklynFitChik
Win: 4 winners each take home a jar of Skinny Coconut Oil + DIR T-shirts + Baker’s Dozen Cookbooks
Need an indulgent recipe this holiday season that can be enjoyed without packing on the pounds? You’re in luck. These Raw Macaroon Fudge Bars are completely decadent, yet are filled with fat burning coconut oil* and other raw, whole foods that satiate your sweet tooth and keep holiday weight gain in check! The key is incorporating 100% natural, raw coconut oil like Skinny Coconut Oil™.
While coconut oil has only recently come to light as a “miracle oil” – these claims are not without substance. A number of studies have corroborated that coconut oil not only boosts thyroid function and, consequently, your metabolism, but it also manages insulin levels.
Both coconut oil and simple carbohydrates (like those found in “typical” holiday fare) are able to deliver quick energy to the body, yet coconut oil does so without the sharp carbohydrate spike and subsequent sugar crash. That means you can thoroughly enjoy your dessert without inducing a sugar hangover the next morning.
Not only do these Raw Macaroon Fudge Bars utilize Skinny Coconut Oil to maximize metabolism and minimize sugar spikes, they also incorporate other nutrient dense, raw ingredients to produce a dessert that is actually a nutritional powerhouse!
- Cashews add “heart-friendly” monounsaturated-fatty acids and are a very great source of essential minerals and B vitamins.
- Almonds are a complete source of energy chocked full of vitamins and minerals like manganese and vitamin E.
- Dates help keep these bars low on the glycemic index and rich in dietary fiber, iron and potassium.
- The addition of lucuma powder supplements beta carotene, iron, zinc, vitamin B3, calcium and protein.
- Finally, the raw cocoa powder gives your body a great antioxidant boost keeping your cells happy and healthy.
So, go ahead, and indulge a little!
Macaroon Cookie Crust:
- ½ cup cashews
- ½ cup almonds (blanched)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut – macaroon grade
- ½ cup dates (pits removed)
- ¼ cup Skinny Coconut Oil
- ½ teaspoon high quality sea salt
- 1 cup raw cashew butter
- 1/3 cup Skinny Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1/3 cup raw cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup raw honey, agave nectar, or coconut syrup
- ¼ tsp. high quality sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. lucuma powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract or one vanilla bean scraped
1. Place all ingredients into a food processor or high-grade mixer and process until uniform.
2. Press into an 8×8 or Springorm pan. Chill in refrigerator while making fudge filling.
1. Add sea salt and lucuma powder to cocoa powder. Stir cashew butter, Skinny Coconut Oil, cocoa powder mixer, sweetener and vanilla in a bowl.
2. Pour mixture on top of chilled macaroon crust and place in refrigerator for at least an hour.
3. Keep chilled until ready to serve. Slice in to 9 pieces.
This article sponsored by Skinny & Co. Coconut Oil
Recipe by Skinny & Co. Coconut Oil for DietsInReview.com; Photos by Kacy Meinecke
*Any statements or claims on this page and website have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to treat, prevent, or cure any disease or illness.
December 9th, 2013