November is here, and while most people think of the eleventh month as the beginning of holiday feasts and relaxation, it is also the perfect month for achieving our fitness goals. If you are a marathon veteran, or looking test the waters with a shorter distance, there is a race just for you. Act fast: if you haven’t signed up for one yet this year, now’s the time! Below is a list of the top marathons, half marathons, 10K, and 5K races around the country. Good luck and have fun!
Top Races Around The Country:
- Rock ‘n’ Roll San Antonio Marathon and Half Marathon: This amazing charity (breast cancer) race is held in San Antonio, Texas on November 14, 2010 and is going to be a crazy day. For more information on the race and for registration, visit: san-antonio.competitor.com.
- Wine Vine Run: This half marathon and 5K run is held in Paso Robles, California on November 14, 2010. The race is scheduled to begin at 8:00 A.M. and should be good time along with beautiful California scenery; please visit: www.winevinerun.com for more information.
- Malibu International Marathon and Half Marathon: If you can’t make the Wine Vine Run, head to Malibu November 14th for the Malibu International Marathon and Half Marathon. Visit www.malibuintmarathon.com
- Philadelphia Marathon, Half Marathon, and 8K: Held in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on November 20 and 21, 2010. The marathon and half marathon are sold out (get on waiting list), but the 8K is still open for entry. Please visit www.philadelphiamarathon.com for more information.
- Seattle 5k, Half Marathon, and Marathon: Located in the scenic city of Seattle, Washington on November 28, 2010. Hurry up and register before the races fill up. Visit www.seattlemarathon.org for more details.