The newest weight loss program to hit the market, the P.I.N.K. Method was unveiled yesterday on the Dr. Phil Show. This program is designed specifically for women by nutritionist Cynthia Pasquella. There are already rumblings that P.I.N.K. Method and the wildly popular P90X are quite similar. It’s a comparison that Pasquella welcomes, but is also quick to point out the differences.
In an interview with DietsInReview.com, Pasquella compared her P.I.N.K. Method with P90X. She pointed out that two programs are similar in that they each combine workouts with a healthy diet, and they provide users with daily direction. However, she says the two part ways there.
“What I did was focus on women because we’re not the same as men,” she told us. In her clinical nutrition practice, Pasquella recalled women who would feel bad about themselves after attempting the rigorous P90X. With P.I.N.K. Method she wants them to feel “empowered not defeated,” and she does this by designing a three-phase workout program that gradually increases in intensity.
How else does the P.I.N.K. Method stack up against its competitor?
- Number of DVDs: 5
- Workouts: There are three levels of workouts, that increase in difficulty and intensity. The first phase teaches proper form and works on foundational strength. The second phase increases the intensity to tone muscle. The third level helps you reach a high level of strength and endurance to maximize calorie burn. There are also three 15-minuted bonus workouts: yoga, abs and lower body.
- Cost: $67.99 plus shipping (Two-payment installment plan also available)
- Created By: Cynthia Pasquella, a Hollywood nutritionist and holistic life and wellness coach
- Main Focus: The P.I.N.K. Method integrates diet and fitness in a step-by-step manner to help women lose weight.
- Nutrition Plan: The P.I.N.K. Method Nutrition Guide & Workbook lays out four meal plans. The first meal plan is the “P.I.N.K. Reset” which is a short detox-diet that’s designed to jump-start your metabolism. The second plan is the “P.I.N.K. Primary”, which is a high-energy diet, followed by the “7-Day Shred” which features a soup. Finally, there’s the “P.I.N.K. Preservation” diet plan, which is designed to help you maintain your weight loss.
- Extras: The package comes with a motivational certificate and bracelet, in addition to an online membership to the “P.I.N.K. VIP Experience,” which provides with you additional resources.
- Product Guarantee: 30-day return policy, with refund minus shipping and handling
- Number of DVDs: 12
- Workouts: Plyometrics, Shoulders and Arms, Chest and Abs, Legs and Back, Core Synergistics, Chest, Shoulders and Triceps, Back and Biceps, Cardio X, Yoga X, Kenpo X, X Stretch, Ab Ripper X
- Results seen in: 90 days
- Cost: Three monthly payments of $39.95, plus $19.95 shipping and handling
- Created By: Tony Horton, a fitness expert with 17 years of experience training sports teams, professional athletes and celebrities like Sheryl Crow
- Main Focus: The theory behind the P90X system is an advanced training technique called Muscle Confusion™, which accelerates the results process by constantly introducing new exercises and routines so your weight loss is less likely to plateau, and you won’t get bored.
- Nutrition Plan: The Three-Phase Nutrition Plan is designed to help you lose fat while maintaining high energy levels. Phase one, the Fat Shredder, is a high protein and that’s also rich in healthy fats. The following phase is the Energy Booster, which adds complex carbohydrates to protein and reduced amounts of fat. Finally, the Endurance Maximizer is an athletic diet of complex carbohydrates, lean proteins, and lower fat with the emphasis on more carbohydrates.
- Extras: Also comes with a progress calendar, online support tools, fitness guide and a supplement guide
- Product Guarantee: 90-day return policy
November 29th, 2011