During the month of October you’ll find everything from soup cans to tennis shoes dyed pink all in the name of Breast Cancer Awareness. It’s an important cause, as breast cancer will be a diagnosis heard by one in eight women.
Eating a healthy diet and staying physically fit are two of the most important ways your body can fight to prevent breast cancer. Here are 10 products that are blushing pink that you can take to the gym, and proceeds will go to support breast cancer causes.
1. Susan G. Komen Nintendo DS – You can use this hand-held video game to run the My Weight Loss Coach “game.” It acts as a virtual fitness coach, with a built-in pedometer, measures progress with graphs and daily reminders and advice.
2. Koss “for the Cure” SportsBud Ear Phones – The right tunes jamming in your ears is often all the motivation you need to get moving in the gym. Plug-in with these hot pink ear buds.
3. MioPINK Heart Rate Monitor Watch with Calorie Burn Calculation – Be sure you’re getting the most effective workout possible, by watching your heart rate and monitoring the total calories burned while exercising.
5. Reebok Women’s Avon Walk for Breast Cancer Corfu Sandal – Once you’ve finished your Race for the Cure, reward your feet by slipping into these sandals at the post-run festivities for a comfortable fit.
6. Thorlo Women’s Pink Pad Breast Cancer Sock – Boasting it has more blister protection than any other sock on the market, the wicking action will keep feet dry and comfortable while running or working out.
7. Share the Care Pink Ribbon Embroidered Cap – Keep the sun from your eyes or your ponytail strongly secured under this comfortable ball cap with an embroidered “Share the Care” message.
8. Breast Cancer Awareness Stainless Steel Water Bottle – Fill with your favorite water before hitting the gym to stay hydrated and ensure you’ve got energy to power through. Use the clip to hook to your pants and go for a hike or jog.
9. Pink Ribbon Carry-All Tote Bag – Load up all your pink ribbon loot and head to the gym carrying this cute bag, large enough to hold a change of clothes and tennis shoes.
10. Master Lock Breast Cancer Research Foundation Padlock – Keep your belongings safe and secure at the gym, and let everyone know you support research for Breast Cancer, by locking-up with this pink padlock.
Learn how you can help DietsInReview.com donate $1 to breast cancer research on your behalf during Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and win some great prizes!
October 14th, 2008