Low Cholesterol Diet Review (UPDATED 2017): Don't Buy Before You Read This!
What is it?
The Low Cholesterol Diet is a way of eating to help reduce high cholesterol which is linked to stroke, heart attack, or other complications. There isn’t one specific diet that outlines this plan, as many have written their own guides to help people lower their cholesterol.
It’s been shown that 1 in 3 Americans has issues with high cholesterol. That’s why this diet was created, to help those affected or people wanting to ensure they don’t have to deal with this issue. There are simple eating suggestions one must follow and advised substitutions. Our review experts have analyzed many weight loss diets and the most effective found was the 18Shake Diet. It combines an appetite suppressing meal replacement and a fat burning diet pill. When combined they help to maximize weight loss results. Learn more information about the 18Shake Diet when you click this link.
Low Cholesterol Diet Ingredients and Side Effects
Here are some suggestions for eating:
- Oils: Using healthy oils such as avocado oil, canola oil, nut oil, olive oil, and grapeseed oil. They have more poly and mono unsaturated fats which don’t have as much of an impact on bad cholesterol as other cooking fats and oils. Fats are advised for 25 to 35% of one’s total diet, preferably from healthy sources that aren’t cooked in an unhealthy way.
Tran fats such as partially hydrogenated oils or thoseoften found in baked goods should be avoided. Omega 3 fatty acids such as those found in fish, flax, chia, or walnuts should be added as good sources of fats. Saturated fats are also advised to be limited which are often found in palm, coconut, and other tropical oils.
Our experts have compiled a comprehensivelist of the top ranked diets.
- Meats and Protein: It’s advised to eat more fish as it contains healthy fats and is lower in cholesterol and saturated fats. Red meat in particular should be limited or even banned. It’s advised to take the skin off poultry and choose lean meats in general. Egg whites are also advised over the whole yolk as it has high levels of cholesterol.
- It’s also advised to eat lower amounts of sodium, sugar and sweetened foods. Getting fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and choosing low fat dairy such as 1%. Eating fewer amounts of high calorie foods. No specific recommendations are added on how to accurately measure a healthy amount is offered however.
- Cooking method: It’s advised to broil, steam, and poach food instead of frying it. While baking it’s advised to use things like prune puree or fruit pulp instead of butter and cream. It’s also advised to avoid prepackaged foods as they often have hidden amounts of cholesterol. Canned goods, dips, dressings, and other kinds of foods can contain elevated levels of cholesterol which may be unhealthy.
- Fiber:Complexcarbohydrate and prebiotic fibers are recommended. Fiber can help regulate digestion and it’s known to lower bad LDL cholesterol. Foods like oats, vegetables, and certain whole grains provide large amounts of fiber.
- Eating out: It’s advised whenever eating out to ask the waiter to make one’s foods with healthy oils and reduced sodium.
There are 2 different forms of cholesterol, both LDL and HDL cholesterol:
- HDL Cholesterol: Considered a goodform of cholesterol because it removes LDL from the body. It can also protect againststroke and heart attack. Low levels of this can increase the risk of heart complications. It also helps to reuse and recycle LDL. For people with a HDL reading of less than 4, this would be considered unhealthy. When taking a cholesterol test it’s suggested one should have 60 milligrams or more.
- LDL Cholesterol: This helps fats to be used by the cells to provide fuel. Excess amounts can cause plaque in the arteries which increases the risk for cardiovascular symptoms.
For a list of the best weight loss diets, click the link cited here.
The human body naturally makes cholesterol as its need for proper hormone function and to help digest foods properly. However, excess amounts found in foods can lead to side effects. There’s not much support offered by this diet however, as it’s often advised to seek medical support.
One major reason for high cholesterol is due to excess body fats. This is why it’s advised to lose weight to prevent this issue. However, there’s a lack of practical weight loss advice offered on any low cholesterol diet available online.
Low Cholesterol Diet Quality of Ingredients
The diet emphasizes substituting foods and making more healthy eating choices. There’s very little uniqueness to this diet and it offers very general dieting tips.
The only thing slightly different is the amount of fat allowed is limited. This diet does advise to limit calories, but it’s not a guaranteed way to help promote weight loss. It’s not the diet’s intention to help lower weight however, it’s instead meant as a way to promote lowered bad LDL cholesterol. This can be improved by eating fewer calories and certain kinds of fats, as well as making sure to exercise more.
Since there’s no emphasis on body weight it makes this a poor choice for those struggling with weight loss. A list of the top ranked weight loss diets are made available in the link here.
The Price and Quality of Low Cholesterol Diet
Information about how to follow this diet can vary, but the same general suggestions are advised. There isn’t much in this diet for weight loss other than the suggestion to eat less high calorie foods. This does not offer much support however, and only general dieting tips are recommended.
Pricing will depend on the quality of foods one chooses, as the diet demands home cooked meals to be eaten.
There are no specific foods one has to eat, but there are instead simple alternatives and suggestions for the amounts.
Business of Low Cholesterol Diet
Basic suggestions for lowering cholesterol are available from the American Heart Association as well as other organizations. The advice given is very general and it’s not a specifically organized diet.
It has been proven that one can make lifestyle changes in order to help lower their cholesterol. This is why the advice is fairly general, as diets like these are meant more as general ways to improve health.
A lot of the information is very common sense and already know as basic healthy eating tips. A comprehensive listing of the best weight loss diets can be seen via the link provided.
Customer Opinions of Low Cholesterol Diet
Since there is not one marketed or unique version to this diet, there aren’t any available user reviews. While it is likely that one will benefit from lowered cholesterol, it’s still not a solution for weight loss.
For those looking for weight loss it would be best to seek real specific advice elsewhere. Click the link provided for a comprehensive listing of the highest rated weight loss diets.
Users of any diet low in cholesterol would likely need to get a cholesterol test known as a lipid panel. This can help assure one is receiving a balanced enough diet and doing enough to support their own healthy cholesterol. There is also the recommendation to seek a doctor’s support to help formulate a plan to lower cholesterol. This is essential in order to satisfy proper levels of cholesterol.
However, it’s still not away to help lower weight, therefore support for this must be found elsewhere.
Conclusion – Does Low Cholesterol Diet Work?
It’s clear that diet greatly affects whether or not one has high cholesterol. It’s been proven that one can make lifestyle changes in order to affect their cholesterol, since what one eats is a major contributor. This diet can definitely improve HDL cholesterol while lowering the bad LDL cholesterol. The issue is that it’s not a weight loss diet. Even in free guides which offer advice for lowering cholesterol it’s recommended to lower weight without specific tips. Much of the advice provided is very general common sense. There’s nothing unique in this diet to help show it would be effective for weight loss. This is odd however, as being overweight is a major contributor to having unhealthy cholesterol levels.
Our review experts have rated many kinds of diets and the overall most effective was found to be the 18Shake Diet. It provides a meal replacement which can suppress appetite for hours, as well as a fat burning diet pill. When combined they help maximize weight loss via increasing metabolism, increased calorie burning, and other unique benefits. Customer reviews and testimonials are also positive with people experiencing notable weight loss.
The 18Shake Diet’s weight loss pill and meal replacement are produced in a GMP certified facility which guarantees safety and proper dosing. It’s also free of any unwanted stimulants, preservatives, colors, fillers, or any cheap binders. There’s only natural ingredients added that have well-rounded benefits.For more information about the 18Shake Diet, click the link here.