By Erin Whitehead for FitBottomedGirls.com
Whether you’re training for a marathon, sprinting to a lover or running from the cops, this hodge-podge running playlist will get you moving. And with a total run time (run time…get it? Ha!) of just less than 37 minutes, it’s the perfect length for any running or jogging workout!
Running Music Playlist
1. Running, No Doubt: Warm up with a slow walk, picking up the pace during the choruses.
2. Born to Run, Bruce Springsteen: Although we may not have all been born to run, this tune is perfect for building up to a jog, whether you’re a beginner runner or an Olympic athlete.
3. Ready to Run, Dixie Chicks: When the Dixie Chicks are ready ready ready ready to run, you should run faster, too.
4. Let’s Get It Started, Black Eyed Peas: Let the chorus be your guide. Get a sprint started when the Peas want to “get it started in here” and recover between the choruses.
5. Play, David Banner: Be warned, the explicit version is explicit. Enjoy this steady song and maintain your pace.
6. Break My Stride, Blue Lagoon: This version’s a little more fast-paced than the original, so feel free to pick up the pace again.
7. Runnin’ Down a Dream, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers: Recover from your last push for the first half of this song, then pick up the pace again.
8. Run For Your Life, The Beatles: Pick up the momentum here for a minute, then recover before your last push.
9. Police On My Back, The Clash: Speed up your pace for the last time here, pushing yourself when they start listing all the days of the week they run.
What’s your favorite song to run to?
September 10th, 2011