For 16 weeks, Lori Jackson, a mom of three and grandmother to two, will be checking in with DietsInReview.com to share her personal experience with Nutrisystem. The good, the bad, and everything in between, see first-hand how the Nutrisystem program works.
Nutrisystem Week 4
Hi everyone! This week I was over at the Nutrisystem Facebook page and was reading all the comments. I ran across this one girl who is having a bit of the same problem as I am. I can see and feel dramatic changes in the way I feel and the way my body looks. Clothes are fitting differently, I have more energy, and there’s just an overall change I see when looking in the mirror. But the downside to this is the weight is not really matching up with the changes. This morning I weighed in at 166 pounds (down from 175 pounds, -9 pounds, in four weeks); so the weight is going, but I figured the weight would catch up with the reflection I am seeing in the mirror. I am just so excited about this program! It is really giving me the jump-start on reaching my goal in a healthy and great tasting meal plan.
Speaking of great tasting… I have now been on the Nutrisystem meal plan for four weeks and would like to review the best and worst meals. My favorite meals so far have been the lunch items:
- Red Beans with Rice and Sausage, the flavor is really great, and plenty in the package to fill you up with your salad.
- Cheese Pizza, I like this because it is just big enough and if you add your protein for the day on top, like some chicken or turkey, it is fabulous.
It’s easy to choose because really most of the meals have been on target for flavor and texture. What I have found is they use real ingredients and seasonings so you can’t go wrong with a lot of the meals. If you like eating it when you cook it you will probably like it the way Nutrisystem cooked it.
The three meals I like the least:
- Vegetable Lasagna with Basil Tomato Sauce, I really cannot pinpoint the flavor in this but I made myself take three bites and then decided I just could not do it.
- Meatloaf with Mashed Potatoes and Gravy, the meatloaf was really solid, kind of hard to explain, but it was hard and didn’t have a lot of flavor. But everyone knows the only meatloaf that tastes good is your own or your mom’s!
- Chicken Salad, a lunch menu item. It looks nothing like the package and the flavor is all wrong in there. Again, it was just a weird texture and flavor can’t really pinpoint the exacts. But when my daughter looked and me and said the texture in the package felt like Jell-O and gave me a grossed-out glance, I knew that it wouldn’t be edible.
This is my own experience, and I do know that everyone of us is different when it comes to food preferences, so you may not agree with me. I love Nutrisystem for providing me these meals and this forum to push myself to be a healthier me and letting me review the products in my own voice. Love you Nutrisystem!
All products have been supplied by Nutrisystem as part of their Nutrisystem15 program. Views expressed here are my own.
Click here to try Nutrisystem for yourself!