Plyometrics are generally used as a sport specific type of training. This type of exercise consists of fast powerful movements and muscle contractions to increase speed, power, strength, flexibility, and improving overall performance. The muscle is loaded with an eccentric (lengthening) action, followed immediately by a concentric (shortening) action. Plyometric exercise is used in almost every sport. This is a great way to incorporate a new routine into your program if needed.
Top 5 Simple Plyometric Exercises
1. Cable Squat Jump– Good for total body strength and endurance: 3 sets of 20
2. Medicine Ball Chest Pass– Good for upper body power, explosion, and endurance: 3 sets of 20 to 30
3. Squat Medicine Ball Side Throw– Good for lower/lower body endurance and core strength: 3 sets of 20
4. Vertical Jump With Arms In Air– Good for total body explosion and endurance: 3 sets of 20 to 30
5. Medicine Ball Toss Sit-Ups With Rotation– Good for core strength and endurance: 3 sets of 20 to 30
Check out all of Matt’s Top 5 Fitness Tips.