Isometric training (static strength training) consist of constant muscle contraction without joint movement. This type of exercise is good for general strength training and rehabilitation. Isometric training is also an excellent way to strengthen muscles without putting too much stress on the joints. This is a another great way to incorporate different exercises into your everyday routine.
Top 5 Isometric Core Exercises
1. Elbow Plank- Hold for 30 seconds to a minute: 2 sets
2. Bent Arm Side Bridge- Hold for 30 seconds to a minute on each side: 2 sets
3. V Sit- Hold for as long as you can: 2 sets
4. Straight Arm Plank- Hold as long as you can: 2 sets
5. Straight Arm Plank On Bosu Ball– Hold as long as you can: 2 sets
See all of Matt’s Top 5 Exercises.
July 30th, 2008