Guest blogger Amy Applebaum is a success coach whose work includes the Release Your Inner Millionairess coaching program designed to create life-changing breakthroughs in her clients. Amy’s groundbreaking six-step process has helped thousands of female entrepreneurs accomplish goals they never imagined possible. Amy’s coaching success has led to appearances on ABC News, CNN, TLC, and Martha Stewart, to name a few. For more information on Amy’s coaching club, go to AmyApplebaum.com.
In order to help my clients achieve an amazing life, I give them assignments and challenges that sometimes push them to the limit. (Hey, it’s the only way I know to get real results!) And to help my peeps get more done I always tell them they need the right fuel; super-charged, all-natural foods that give them a burst of energy when they need it most. Here’s a look at some of my favorite foods to help get things done, and stay healthy (with a note on a few):
- Blueberries and Strawberries (Researchers say blueberries help protect the brain from oxidative stress and may reduce the effects of Alzheimer’s disease or dementia.)
- Citrus fruits
- Cantaloupe (An excellent source of vitamins A, B6 and C, and potassium)
- Spinach (Researchers have identified at least a dozen flavonoids compounds in spinach that work as antioxidants and anti-cancer agents.)
- Sweet potatoes (Contains proteins with antioxidant properties)
- Low-fat dairy products and soy milk
- Oatmeal and whole grains
It’s also very important to remember that no matter how busy you are, you should never miss a meal. Your body and mind just won’t operate at peak performance unless properly nourished. Try to keep these foods handy at all times whether it’s in your purse, at your desk, or in your car.
June 3rd, 2010