Who would have thought that the blues and working out could be used in the same sentence? Well, if you choose your songs wisely, the blues can make for a good workout mix! While a lot of blues music can be somber, much of it is uplifting as well. Think of it as a liberating way of exercising your ghosts.
So without further adieu, let’s start singing the blues. Here is a nice little upbeat list of blues songs to take on your next run or brisk walk.
Gym Music Playlist of the Week: The Blues Workout Mix
Click image to download!
1. Buddy Guy – Living Proof
2. Little Walter – Tell Me Momma
3. Otis Taylor – Love and Hesitation
4. Louis Prima – Jump, Jive, An’ Wail
5. Marcia Ball – That’s How it Goes
6. Stevie Ray Vaughan – Crossfire
7. Luther Allison – Sweet Home Chicago
8. Eric Clapton – After Midnight
9. Freddie King – Pack it Up