Is there any possible way to have some lighthearted fun when faced with a deadly flu, even with the threat that it could turn into a pandemic? Well, some people in Mexico have decided to laugh in the face of danger with decorated flu masks.
If you’re busy like me, and haven’t had the time to fully understand the mystery that is the swine flu threat (now called H1N1 by WHO), CNN has a handy Q&A to get you up to speed. Here are a couple of important highlights:
- You shouldn’t be panicking. Yet.
- But that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t cancel your trip to Mexico, unless it’s absolutely necessary.
- It doesn’t appear that people in the U.S. have gotten it directly from pigs.
- Attend to your hygiene. Wash your hands very, very frequently and avoid people who are coughing and sneezing.
- Flu viruses can live on inanimate surfaces. So, make sure you give #4 extra attention.
- While experts don’t believe it, some conspiracy theorists think the Swine Flu could have been perpetrated by bioterrorists.
May 1st, 2009