Celebrate Cinco de Mayo without crashing your diet. No fiesta is complete without an icy cold margarita, and these two recipes will give everyone a reason to say cheers! You can serve this low-carb or Weight Watchers margarita alongside any of our delicious Mexican recipes with a healthier spin.
This classic margarita has less than 3.1 grams of carbs.
- 1 jigger (1.5 oz) tequila
- 2 Tbs. (1 oz) lime juice – fresh or bottled
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp. orange extract
- 1 Tbs. artificial sweetener (i.e. a liquid, carb-free brand)
- Ice – small handful
- Margarita salt or kosher salt
- Wet the rim of the glass and dip into a small plate of salt.
- Combine all ingredients
- You can either serve it over ice, strained into the glass, or blended in a blender
A refreshing twist on this Mexican cocktail has only 4 Weight Watchers Points.
- 1 cup sorbet, margarita- or lime-flavored
- 3/4 cup seltzer, lemon-lime
- 1/3 cups raspberries
- Shot of tequila
- In a blender, combine all the ingredients
- Puree until smooth
- Pour into a tall, chilled glass