Yesterday we came across this awesome video from Nike made by a young film producer who took the company’s ‘Life is a Sport Make it Count’ motto to a whole new level. Producer Casey Neistat documented his experience as he traveled the world in 10 days while wearing Nike’s New FuelBand.
We love the feel of the video. Its carefree, adventurous spirit made us instantly want to get out and travel, run, eat delicious food, and live life to the fullest. And we loved the inspiring quotes it shared like “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all” (Helen Keller), and “Do one thing every day that scares you” (Eleanor Roosevelt).
Ultimately, it made us think, this is worth sharing.
As inspired by the film, here are 10 ways you can get out and start making life count, today.
1. Instead of dreaming about a vacation, plan one. Make it a goal to travel to at least one of the destinations on your list by the end of this year. Otherwise, you may never go!
2. Be active; life’s too short not to be. Go for a bike ride, walk your dog, run around your yard – do something, and now!
3. Exercise and take care of your body, so you can do the things you love well into your 90s.
5. Do yoga outside to get some fresh air and experience a change of scenery.
6. Call up an old friend to workout (instead of catching up over drinks).
7. Play like a kid! Head to a playground and swing on the swings, climb the monkey bars, zip down the slides. Just don’t act your age.
8. Go on a fitness adventure – try a new hiking trail, rock climbing, etc.
9. Pick up a new hobby, like painting or roller blading – anything out of your normal routine.
10. Do something that scares you. Sign up for a race. Go sky diving. Wear a dress in a color you’ve never worn before. Be a little crazy for once!
Feeling inspired? We hope so.
And just in case you’re curious about the product behind the video, the Nike+ FuelBand is a bracelet-type device you wear around your wrist that tracks your all-day activity. It then translates your movement into NikeFuel, which puts a number to the amount of energy you expel. The system allows you to compete with other NikeFuel members, and set and achieve goals to keep you motivated and active.The device itself tracks running, walking, dancing, basketball, playing catch and just about every other action you do throughout the day.
Sounds pretty cool to us. But whether you buy the band or not, don’t miss the message: Life is short, get out there and make it count. And as Nike would say, don’t make excuses, just do it.