If your health is demanding that you take steps to lose more than 50 pounds, you definitely have your work cut out for you. It’s not unattainable, in fact, quite the opposite. By following these ten tips to lose more than 50 pounds and making lifestyle changes a priority, you can and will see results.
1. Diet: Reduce your caloric intake and beware of your portion sizes as well as fat intake.
2. Exercise: Try to get at least five days in the gym (where ever you can exercise) a week for at least an hour at a time.
3. Avoid sitting around: Avoid sitting in one place for an extended period of time. Try and stay up and moving as much as possible.
4. Sleep: Get plenty of sleep to help eliminate the mood swings from the hard core diet and exercise.
5. Go for walks: Go for a walk as often as you can to help keep your body functioning and burning calories.
6. Drink water: Drink plenty of water, this will help reduce hunger strikes as well as keep the body hydrated and cleaned out.
7. Chew gum: Chewing gum helps keep your focus off of food and keeps you busy chewing.
8. Brush your teeth: I brush my teeth whenever I can, this helps me avoid eating when at home because I really won’t want to brush them again if I eat.
9. Cardio: Try and hit cardio twice a day if you have time. Once in the morning and once in the evening. This will help keep you busy and burn calories at the same time.
10. Hang out with friends: Keep yourself surrounded by people that will help you with your diet. I know the hardest time for me to refrain from eating is when I am by myself.