There is no shortage of fitness DVDs available to anyone who wants to get in shape at home. But one of the primary complaints about fitness DVDs is that they don’t provide the challenge that you may receive in the gym, in a workout class or with a personal trainer.
But two incredibly popular workout DVD programs promise the sweat and burn you would get from training with any hardcore trainer. Here is a comparison of the Insanity Workout program and the P90X program.
- Number of DVDs: 12
- Workouts: Chest and Abs, Plyometrics, Shoulders and Arms, Yoga X, Legs and Back, Kenpo X, X Stretch, Core Synergistics, Chest, Shoulders and Triceps, Back and Biceps, Cardio X, Ab Ripper X.
- Results seen in: 90 days
- Fitness commitment: You are instructed to workout six days a week for the entire 13 weeks of the P90X program. Workouts last 45 to 90 minutes.
- Cost: Three monthly payments of $39.95, plus $19.95 shipping and handling.
- Created by: Tony Horton, a fitness expert who has 17 years of experience training professional athletes, sports teams, movie stars, and recording artists, like Sheryl Crow, as well as your everyday Jane and Joe.
- Main focus: The secret behind the P90X system is an advanced training technique called Muscle Confusion™, which accelerates the results process by constantly introducing new moves and routines so your body never plateaus, and you never get bored.
- Nutrition plan: The 3-Phase Nutrition Plan is designed to help you lose fat while maintaining high energy levels. The first phase, the Fat Shredder, involves eating a high protein and higher fat diet, followed by the Energy Booster, which adds complex carbohydrates to protein and reduced amounts of fat and lastly The Endurance Maximizer, which is an athletic diet of complex carbohydrates, lean proteins, and lower fat with the emphasis on more carbohydrates.
- Extras: Program also comes with a progress calender, online support tools, a nutrition plan, fitness guide and a supplement guide.
- Product Guarantee: Comes with a 100 percent 90-day satisfaction guarantee.
- Number of DVDs: 10
- Workouts: Dig Deeper & Fit Test, Plyometric Cardio Circuit, Cardio Power & Resistance, Cardio Recovery, Pure Cardio and Abs, Cardio Abs, Core Cardio and Balance, Max Interval Circuit, Max Interval Plyo, and Max Cardio Conditioning & Abs.
- Results seen in: 60 days
- Fitness commitment: You are instructed to workout six days a week for the first four weeks of the Insanity Workout. Then you perform the Recovery workouts for one week before you complete the rest of the program. Workout DVDs last 40 to 60 minutes.
- Cost: $119.95, plus$12.95 shipping and handling.
- Created by: Fitness expert Shaun Thompson, or Shaun T, has danced in theater, TV, commercials, and movies, including Six Feet Under, and The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. He has worked with artists like Mariah Carey and Nick and Aaron Carter. Shaun is also the creator of Hip Hop Abs.
- Main focus: The secret to the Insanity Workout is the MAX Interval Training, which is a spin on traditional interval training by alternating between aerobic and anaerobic intervals performed at your maximum intensity. Expect to burn a lot of calories while also working out much harder than usual.
- Nutrition plan: The Elite Nutrition Plan is designed to fuel your body for these intense and ”Insane” workouts.
- Extras: Program also comes with a fitness guide, a Fit Test Tracker, the Insanity Calendar and the Elite Nutrition Plan.
- Product Guarantee: Comes with a 100 percent 30-day satisfaction guarantee.
February 18th, 2010