Here are the top ten most popular stories of 2010 on DietsInReview.com, as determined by our readers. This list reflects the weight loss successes, food trends and hot diets that you were reading about in for in 2010.
1. The 17 Day Diet as Seen on The Doctors
This popular diet hit in big at the end of 2010, when Dr. Mike Moreno introduced his new diet plan to many Americans on The Doctors. The 17 Day Diet promises you lasting weight loss thorough four 17-day cycles that will reset your metabolism.
2. In “Now Eat This,” Chef Rocco Dispirito Makes Over America’s Favorite Comfort Foods
You don’t have to give up your favorite food just because you want to cut calories. Just check out the recipes in this this great cookbook from the chef who frequently appears on The Biggest Loser. Now you can eat baked macaroni or mint chocolate chip frozen yogurt without guilt.
3. Insanity Workout vs. P90X
Get the scoop on these two intense workout systems, and compare price, focus, nutrition, and the time until you’ll see results. Plus, find out what extras come with each fitness DVD.
4. Chicken Nuggets: Made from Pink Goo
Yes, it’s true, chicken nuggets contain mechanically separated meat, which is then heavily processed and reassembled to resemble cooked chicken in a more “natural” state.
5. Biggest Loser’s Sam and Stephanie are Dating
In fact, they’re engaged! Sam Poueu and Stephanie Anderson may have competed against each other in season nine of The Biggest Loser, but that didn’t stop them from falling for each other by week three.
6. Max Morelli Loses More than 100 Pounds at the Biggest Loser Resort
Brother of Mike Morelli, who appeared on The Biggest Loser season seven, Max Morelli got a chance to stay at the Biggest Loser Resort, where he lost over 100 pounds.
7. Dancing with The Stars’ Jake Pavelka Loses 10 Pounds and Has 3,800 Calorie Diet
Jake Pavelka didn’t intend to lose weight while appearing on Dancing with the Stars, but the intense workouts caused him to not only to tone up but to also lose some weight.
8. Kristie Alley Launches Weight Loss Company Organic Liaison
Actress Kristie Alley’s weight has yo-yo’ed many times, and is always a subject of media attention. Finally, she discovered a plan that worked for her, and you can try it too through Organic Liaison.
9. Meet The Biggest Loser 10 Contestants
Loved across the country, The Biggest Loser went into its tenth season in the fall of 2010. We introduced fans to the contestants.
10. Five Foods that Will Save Your Heart
Registered dietitian Rebecca reviews five heart-healthy foods to indulge in.
January 5th, 2011