Amusement parks offer endless enjoyment options for both adults and children, from crazy rides and roller coasters to games and fatty food options. Obviously, walking around all day burns calories and leaves you completely exhausted at the end of the day, but how can you resist the fatty temptations of the luxurious smells and big colorful food stands? Below are the five steps to sticking to your diet while enjoying family time at an amusement park near you.
Five Steps To Enjoying Amusement Parks On A Diet:
1. Eat a rather large healthy breakfast before entering the park. I recommend eating a higher than normal carbohydrate breakfast to help you stay full longer and provide you with plenty of energy to be on your feet all day.
2. Pack a snack. Pack a protein bar, some fruit or raw vegetables, or sunflower seeds in your purse or personal bag. This will help you fight the hunger and keep you on track with your diet while providing the body with “good” energy. Sunflower seeds will give your mouth something to do and it is time consuming opening the shells to get the seed.
3. Drink water like it’s going out of style. Not only does drinking water help keep you hydrated, but it keeps you feeling full and helps you fight the hunger bug.
4. Chew gum! Chewing gum, like eating sunflower seeds, gives your mouth and mind something to focus on rather than food.
5. Lastly, there are actually some healthy food options at some amusement parks, like plain corn on the cob. Do some research and pick one of the healthier options. If you do decide to breakdown and indulge, be sure to walk more and scream and laugh your head off while riding the rides. Believe it or not, screaming and laughing burns calories.