Vicki Haase Marney’s Diet Profile
Joined on April 14th, 2011
Vicki Haase Marney’s Latest ActivitySee full feed
I'm currently traveling around the world with my husband, Jon (for his company) and enjoying seeing the world. Before Jon began this change in his job (6/08), neither of us had been out of the US, other than Canada & Mexico--didn't even have a passport. Now we have been to Paris, France (& Normandy); London, England (and other small towns in the UK); Madrid, Spain; Amsterdam, Holland (Netherlands); Frankfurt, & Munich, Germany (during Oktoberfest!); Stolkholm, Sweden; Lisbon, Portugal; Brno, Czech Republic; Vienna, Austria; Bratislova, Slovakia; and Jon has been to Johannesburg, South Africa; & India without me.. These are usually 3-4 week assignments in each location and now include more of the US as well.
We enjoy spending time with our 5 grandchildren and we look forward to the 6th one due in Sept. We have both been on a weight loss journey with SparkPeople, where I started a team called Biggest Loser Couples. We were doing well, until we started the traveling--eating out all th
The goals I'm working toward:
- Getting my blood sugars under control (I have Type ii Diabetes), lose more weight, so I can get to my goal weight and be more healthy. My goal is also to reduce and/or eliminate the meds I am currently on.
I haven't felt comfortable with my weight since:
about 20 years ago. I had gained during my 5 pregnancies and then lost 40 lbs. to get to my goal at that time, with Weight Watchers. I kept it off for about 2 years and the pounds slowly creeped back on until I weighed more than I did at the beginning of WW.
My favorite healthy food:
Raspberries! I also enjoy grilled veggies!
My guiltiest pleasure:
Pastries and chips.
I'm inspired to live a healthy life because:
I want to live a healthy life without being dependent on medications (I have Tpe ii Diabetes, & high BP). I also want to be able to enjoy my travels with my husband and be around to spend time with my grandchildren and demonstarte a healthy lifestyle for my children & grandchildren.
Healthy habits that work for me:
- Splitting meals with my husband when we are at restaurants.
- Going for walks with my husband.
- Eating fruits & veggies for snacks.
My favorite activity at the gym is:
Treadmill & the pull down machine (don't know what it is called).
The accomplishments I'm most proud of:
- Being married to the love of my life for almost 38 years!
- Having a mostly happy family of 5 children and 5 grandkids & counting.
- Losing 40 lbs to get to goal 20 yrs ago and then losing 35 towards my current goal.