Joined on October 7th, 2013
I live in beautiful South Gippsland, Victoria with my partner, 3 fantastic Staffy's on11 almost 12 and twin sisters 14 weeks old as well as 2 cute canaries and a huge aquarium full of fish. We moved here over 6 years ago to a small rural town of only 2000 people and couldn't be happier. We run a small gardening business (me the 'boss' and him 'the worker'. We are very heavily involved in the Lions Club, the Maritime Museum and many other volunteer things.
The goals I'm working toward:
- Trying to get fitter which is lacking due to health issues.
- Losing weight, same reason.
- Being able to get out and walk more with my 'family'.
I haven't felt comfortable with my weight since:
For the past 8 years following 3 major operations which left me very ill with Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome which escalated my Arthritis problems and I started putting on weight. The Just over a year ago I had an operation on my ankle which went horrible wrong and I ended up in a wheelchair for over 6 months so I really stacked on the weight and I do not feel like me anymore.
My favorite healthy food:
Fish, especially Smoked Salmon and any shellfish.
My guiltiest pleasure:
A glass of Red wine in the evening watching TV with Pete and the 'kids'..
I'm inspired to live a healthy life because:
I want to get fitter, enjoy more things like I used to and join in with more active things.
I want to get back into all the wonderful clothes I have in my wardrobe.
Healthy habits that work for me:
- Keeping busy and trying to use my treadmill every day.
- Drinking a lot of water.
- TRYING to be 'good' when we go out for dinner (which is hard as we have a very busy social life as well as all our activities.
My favorite activity at the gym is:
I do not do the gym due to my health problems and disabilities but I do enjoy what I have at home when I can. Treadmill, exercise bike, cross trainer and vibrating machine. I tried the Ab., thing but it hurts my back too much.
The accomplishments I'm most proud of:
- Raising my children the best I could while running a successful business for 20 years before the operations..
- Moving here and owning my own home outight which is a showpies in town.
- Being as happy as I can dispite all my problems and having a happy family home with my man and our 3 beautiful Staffy's.