AuntTre’s Diet Profile
Joined on January 14th, 2009
AuntTre’s Latest Activity
- AuntTre liked Crock Pot Chicken Picante
- AuntTre commented on Rodney and Colleen Demonstrate Tree Pose
- AuntTre liked SONIC PARODY - WEIGHT WATCHERS
Graphic artist, bibliophile, audiophile, sci-fi geek, chronically unemployed, happily married, proud parent, new grandma, weekend warrior DIYer, crafter, and joyful fabulous cook. Life is GOOD!
The goals I'm working toward:
- Losing 25 pounds for good!
- Get healthy and stay healthy for a long life
- STOP SMOKING
I haven't felt comfortable with my weight since:
I gained 30 pounds in one year about 14 years ago due to unbelievable stress, and even though my life changed for the better since then I haven't been able to take that weight off. Most diets I have tried seem too fussy and restrictive, or the weight comes off so slow it is discouraging. I need a plan that is a no brainer and works quickly, but allows me to eat more or less normally with my family at dinnertime. I love to cook and we enjoy family meals, and most diets do not allow for that on a daily basis.
My favorite healthy food:
Big cold crunchy tossed salads, grilled veggies, cottage cheese.
My guiltiest pleasure:
Chocolate, cookies, chocolate chip cookies, actually chocolate anything. I'd probably eat chocolate covered shoestrings.
I'm inspired to live a healthy life because:
I just want to feel better about myself and get fit before the last bits of my youth drift away. It's a short trip, this life. I wasted 14 years of prime living in my 30's and early 40's being ashamed of my body; what a shame. I want to be fit by age 50 so I can go forward and feel good about myself, and think about things other than how fat I am.
Healthy habits that work for me:
- Drinking at least one glass of water when I think I am hungry. A lot of the time I am only thirsty!
- Forcing myself to go to bed at night instead of sitting up alone watching old movies and eating.
- Forcing myself to exercise early before I get involved doing anything else in the day.
My favorite activity at the gym is:
Driving past it and waving!
The accomplishments I'm most proud of:
- Raising a decent and happy child.
- Being happily married and maintaining a good realtionship with my hubs.
- All the DIY projects I have completed on the house.