Mitt Romney's Position on Health Care
2012 Presidential Candidate Positions on Health Care
Mitt Romney is the former governor of Massachusetts and is a candidate for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination.
As the Governor of Massachusetts, Romney signed into law a health care plan that requires nearly every citizen to obtain basic healthcare insurance in 2006. Taxpayers who failed to enroll could be fined.
- Has said he does not plan to implement a plan similar to the Massachusetts health care reform law on a national level
- Supports medical malpractice reform
- Supports a free-market health care system
- Supports the repeal of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
- Opposes abortion
- As governor of Massachusetts, he vetoed emergency contraception for rape victims
Image via MittRomneyMormon.netNext Prev Slide 2 / 12