Michele Bachmann's Position on Health Care
2012 Presidential Candidate Positions on Health Care
Michele Bachmann is a member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Minnesota and is a candidate for the Republican nomination in the 2012 presidential election. She is a supporter of the Tea Party.
Bachmann is against the government-sponsored health care system and supports free-market healthcare. She signed "The Contract from America," which includes the goal to "Defund, Repeal, & Replace Government-Run Health Care." She also supports the repeal of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act health care bill passed in 2010.
- Voted "YES" to an expansion of Medicare that included lower co-pay for psychiatric services and includes more coverage for preventative measures (2008)
- Voted "NO" on requiring negotiated prescription prices for Medicare part D (2007)
- Voted "NO" on giving the FDA the power to regulate tobacco as a drug (2009)
- Voted "NO" to expanding the Children' Health Insurance Program and the State Children's Health Insurance Program (2009, 2008, 2007)
- Supports defunding Planned Parenthood
- Opposed to abortion
Image via LibertyPundits.netNext Prev Slide 8 / 12