Featured Blog Posts
Ziti with Roasted Summer Vegetables
Roasted vegetables top pasta in this healthy Mediterranean recipe.Yield: 4 servings
- 3 small zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 small yellow squash, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 purple onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 5 roma tomatoes, quartered
- 8 ounces ziti, cooked
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup freshly shaved Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
Prep time: 15 minutes. Cook time: 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 450F.
Layer zucchini, squash, eggplant and purple onion on a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Roast vegetables, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes or until tender.
Meanwhile, layer tomatoes on a small baking sheet or baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining olive oil and remaining salt. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
Toss cooked pasta with eggplant mixture and tomatoes. Add remaining pepper, balsamic vinegar, cheese and herbs. Serve immediately.
Note: This also tastes great cold so cover and refrigerate any leftovers.
Source: Alison Lewis for IngredientInc.net