Featured Blog Posts
Walnut Encrusted Salmon
A fresh and flavorful way to prepare baked wild-caught salmon.
Per Serving: 456 Calories, 32g Fat, 94mg Cholesterol, 658mg Sodium, 4g Carbohydrate, 2g Dietary Fiber, 0g Sugar, 37g ProteinYield: Serves 4
- 4 salmon filets (about 6 ounces each), preferably wild salmon
- 3 cloves of garlic
- ¾ cup walnuts
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Fresh lemon slices, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Mince the garlic in a food processor. Add in the walnuts and process until walnuts are a fine consistency. Add in cilantro until mixture is thick and pasty. Drizzle in olive oil and process until blended.
- Place salmon on a foil-lined baking tray. Season both sides with salt and pepper. Spread the walnut mixture evenly over the fish. Bake salmon for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Garnish with fresh lemon slices.
Recipe Source: An excerpt from the book Cholesterol Down by Janet Bond Brill, Ph.D., R.D., LDN; Published by Three Rivers Press; December 2006;$13.95US/$17.95CAN; 978-0-307-33911-9 Copyright © 2006 Janet Brill, Ph.D. To learn more about this book please visit http://www.CholesterolDownBook.com