Tuscan Bean Dip
Even the kids will love this heart-healthy and delicious veggie dip.
Yield: Serves 3
Vegetables go down easy when you have something delicious to dip them in. A friend once watched in shock as her daughter cleared a plate of crudités with this dish. Give it a try - it's loaded with taste and provides lots of protein and fiber. - Joy Bauer
- 1 can(s) beans, cannellini, (16 ounces), or navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoon vinegar, balsamic
- 2 teaspoon oil, olive
- 2 tablespoon basil, fresh, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sage, fresh, chopped, or rosemary
- 2 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, red flakes
- pepper, black ground
- salt substitute
- In a large bowl, mash the beans with the back of a fork or a hand-held potato masher.
- Stir in the vinegar, olive oil, basil, sage or rosemary, garlic, and pepper flakes. Season to taste with salt substitute and pepper.
- Serve immediately with vegetable sticks.
Source: with permission from JoyBauer.com