Featured Blog Posts
Tabbouleh-Inspired Freekeh Salad
Using roasted green wheat and fresh summer vegetables, we replicate a simple Mediterranean tabbouleh.Yield: Serves 4
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry freekeh roasted green wheat (package instructions)
- 1 cup diced English cucumber
- 8 cherry tomatoes, sliced in quarters
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh chives
- 3 medium basil leaves, chopped
Prepare the freekeh according to package instructions.
Mash together the salt and garlic with a mortar and pestle or the back of a spoon to create a paste.
Add to that the red wine vinegar and olive oil, stir to combine.
Add the cooked and cooled freekeh, which will absorb much of the dressing.
Add the remaining vegetables and herbs and toss until well combined.
Recipe by Adriene Rathbun; Photos by Barrett Morgan