Featured Blog Posts
Strawberry Lemonade Muffins
Naturally sweetened to brighten any summer morning.Yield: 18 muffins; 1 per serving
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Mott's natural applesauce
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 oz. strawberry banana Chobani Greek yogurt
- 1 cup Driscoll's strawberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place paper liners in muffin pan.
- Mix oats and yogurt and set aside (this will soften the oats).
- In a large bowl, combine flours, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In another bowl, beat the egg and mix in the honey, applesauce, lemon juice, zest and vanilla extract. Then add the yogurt/oat mixture.
- Add wet ingredients to dry, stirring just until moistened.
- Gently fold in strawberries.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter. Bake 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool a few minutes before removing to wire rack to completely cool.