Spinach Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette
A beautiful looking salad that perfectly pairs savory with sweet.
Yield: Serves 4
- 4 cups fresh spinach leaves, rinsed well and patted dry
- 1 cup washed and sliced fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons sugar or honey
- a few dashes of pepper (optional)
- Toss all of the above ingredients in a large bowl, chill if not serving immediately.
- Add the dressing just before serving.
- Put all of the above ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend on high speed for about 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Chill if not serving immediately.
Source: Marie Feldman, RD, CDE