Spiced Chocolate Mousse
This yummy chocolate treat from Marisa Churchill's cookbook Sweet & Skinny won't ruin your diet!Yield: 2 servings
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup Cool Whip Lite
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon good-quality unsweetened cocoa powder, natural or Dutch-processed
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Scant ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons pepitas (toasted hulled pumpkin seeds)
- ½ teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of coarse sea salt, such as fleur de sel
Combine the chocolate chips and 2 teaspoons water in a double boiler, or in a bowl in a microwave oven, and heat until you can stir the mixture smooth.
Put the whipped topping into a medium bowl and whisk in the melted chocolate until the mixture is smooth. Whisk in the cocoa, cinnamon, and cayenne until they are well combined.
To serve: Divide the mousse between two serving glasses and top with the pepitas. Drizzle the olive oil over the tops, and sprinkle with a small pinch of sea salt.
Source: Sweet & Skinny by Marisa Chruchill