Southwestern Turkey Salad Wraps
Toss turkey breast with flavorful ingredients to make a creamy salad.
- 1⁄2 cup plain fat-free Greek-style yogurt
- 2 tablespoons low-sugar barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 16 ounces cooked boneless, skinless turkey breast or turkey tenders, cut into short, 1⁄2"-thick strips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried prunes or dried cherries or other berries
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 6 La Tortilla Factory whole-grain tortillas (7" diameter)
- Chopped romaine lettuce (optional)
- Diced fresh tomato (optional)
1. Dressing In a medium mixing bowl, combine the yogurt, barbecue sauce, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, and coriander. Set aside.
2. Turkey salad Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for about 4 minutes, or until soft and just beginning to brown. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute longer, but don’t allow it to brown. Add the turkey and cook, stirring frequently, for about 4 minutes, or until it’s just cooked through and no longer pink. Remove the turkey from the heat and season with the salt. Add the turkey mixture to the dressing in the mixing bowl, then add the prunes and cilantro. Stir to combine.
3. Assemble Place about 1⁄2 cup of salad on each warmed tortilla. Add the lettuce and tomato, if desired, and roll up the tortillas, burrito-style. The turkey salad is equally delicious served without the tortillas.
Source: Biggest Loser 30-Day Jump Start