Simple Mashed Cranberries
A two-ingredient recipe that will add flavor to a variety of foods.Yield: About 5, 3 oz. servings
- 16 oz. bag cranberries
- 1/4 cup water
- Rinse one bag of cranberries and toss out any duds
- Over a medium to low heat, cook the cranberries in a saucepan with the water
- After about 10 minutes try to mash the cranberries with a hand potato masher. They should burst easily. If they don't, be patient, stir and wait few more minutes.
- Once you can mash the cranberries you will see it is very chunky and thick. This is perfect. Remove from heat and cool.
This can be used for:
- Oatmeal mix-in
- Tart fruit smoothie with fat-free Greek yogurt and an orange with a little zest
- Side dish on Thanksgiving day that's better than cranberry slop
- Sandwich spread for Thanksgiving leftovers
Source: Rebecca Scritchfield