Featured Blog Posts
A traditional Russian recipe perfect as a Passover dish.Yield: Serves 8
- 1 large beet
- 2 large Yukon or other good potatoes
- 2 large carrots
- ½ small red onion
- 3 Osem pickles
- 1 small bunch dill
- 2 ribs celery, peeled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and dice all the vegetables 1/2 inch.
- Cook the beets separately (so as not to turn the whole dish an unpleasant red) in a wide-bottom pot or a large skillet, with water just to cover, until tender and the water cooks out. Cook the turnip and carrots the exact same way in another pot. Transfer all the vegetables to a bowl.
- Cut the onion, pickle, dill, and celery in large chunks and place in the food processor. Pulse the mixture until minced. Add the oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper and pulse 2 to 3 more times, until just combined.
- While the vegetable mixture is still warm, pour the ground mixture over them and mix thoroughly. Store refrigerated in glass jars.
- Makes about 8 cups. Serve at room temperature.