Featured Blog Posts
Roasted Tomato Caprese Salad
Change the way you enjoy caprese with this simple yet tantalizing new take on a classic salad.Yield: serves 2-4
- 8 oz. baby heirloom tomatoes (cherry or grape tomatoes are fine, too)
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of Kosher salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 small baguette, toasted
- 4 cups of fresh greens
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment or foil.
Add your tomatoes to a bowl and toss with the oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper. Pour on to the baking sheet in one layer. Place in the oven to roast; about 10 to 15 minutes or until the tomatoes start to burst.
Heat a grill to medium-high heat and place oiled baguette face down. Watch closely to avoid burning, and remove after 5-10 minutes when the bread is golden brown and toasted. Use a bread knife to cut in to bite-sized pieces.
On a bed of greens, add the still-warm tomatoes first, then toss on the cheese, berries, and croutons.
photos by Kacy Meinecke