Roasted Thanksgiving Turkey Breast
Rocco's roasts a healthier centerpiece for Thanksgiving dinner.
Yield: Serves 6-7
- 2 Double Turkey Breasts (6 lbs total)
- Poaching Liquid-
- 2 cups Water
- 2 cups White Wine
- 2 cups Low Sodium Chicken Stock
- 1/4 cup carrots chopped
- 1/4 cup celery chopped
- 4 minced Garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup minced Onions
- 5 sprigs fresh Thyme chopped,
- 2 sprigs fresh Rosemary, chopped
- 5 fresh Sage leaves, chopped
- 1 bunch Italian parsley, chopped
- 4 Bay leaves
- 1 Tbsp. Whole Black Peppercorns
- 1 Tbsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tsp. salt substitute
In large kettle bring to boil broth, wine, water, carrots, celery, bay leaves, peppercorns, 2 garlic minced garlic cloves.
Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl to make a rub mixture.
Cover turkey breasts with the rub mixture and cover with plastic wrap.
Place turkey breasts in pot. Cover, then reduce heat and simmer 2 to 2 1/2 hour or until tender and meat thermometer registers 170 degrees F, turning turkey occasionally.
Remove turkey; cool; slice. Reserve poaching liquid for gravy.
- Note: chicken stock can be substituted for white wine in poaching broth.
Source: Chef Rocco DiSpiritio for Biggest Loser