A favorite vegan side dish of Bob Harper.Yield: Serves 4
Serve as a side dish
- 2 heads of organic cauliflower
- 2 Tablespoons good quality olive oil
- 5 sprigs of organic thyme (picked/pulled from stem)
- 2 garlic cloves (smashed and skinned)
- 2 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- Sea salt (optional) and cracked black pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- You will need 1 large baking tray/sheet tray. Arrange cut cauliflower onto sheet tray and sprinkle with olive oil, red wine vinegar, thyme, smashed garlic, and season with salt and pepper. Gently toss and place into hot pre-heated oven.
- Roast cauliflower until golden brown and soft. Check after 30 minutes. Everyone's ovens are different. If it needs more cooking time give it more time. The cauliflower will taste nutty and the acidity from the red wine vinegar adds a beautiful tart yet sweet flavor!
Enjoy! PS - you can also do this with carrots, potatoes, onions, broccoli, green beans, brussel sprouts, etc.
Source: with permission from Brooke Larson