Featured Blog Posts
Roasted Acorn Squash, Pomegranate and Arugula Salad
A hearty salad to serve as a side or a meal, created by Chef Curtis Stone.Yield: Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 1 shallot, cut into thin slices
- 1½ large acorn squash (about 14 18 ounces), peeled, halved, seeds removed, cut into 1 inch wedges
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 spring thyme
- 4 cups wild arugula
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Toss acorn squash with 1 tablespoon oil, garlic cloves, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Place contents of bowl on baking sheet and put in center rack of oven. Cook until squash is tender and edges begin to caramelize, approx 15 minutes.. Remove from oven and set aside.
- To make vinaigrette: place vinegar in small mixing bowl, while whisking, slowly pour in remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to emulsify. Add shallots and season to taste.
- To assemble: In large mixing bowl, toss arugula with vinaigrette and pomegranate seed.
- Place arugula on four serving plates, divide the squash among the plates and tuck them in between the leaves. Garnish with the toasted pine nuts.
Source: Curtis Stone