Reduced Sugar Fudgy Brownies with Truvia
The brownies you love with fewer calories and less sugar.
- 3 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 2 eggs, large
- 3 1/2 Tbsp Truvia™ natural sweetener spoonable (or 12 packets Truvia™ natural sweetener)
- ¼ cup sugar, white granulated
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract - 2 Tbsp skim milk - ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
Optional Garnish: Make powdered Truvia™ natural sweetener by blending 2 Tbsp + 1 tsp Truvia™ natural sweetener spoonable (or 8 packets of Truvia™ sweetener) and 1 Tbsp of corn starch in a blender on high for 1 minute. Lightly sprinkle this powdered garnish on brownies using a tea strainer. Store leftover garnish in a sealed container.
- Assemble all ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Place baking chocolate, butter and canola oil in a large microwaveable bowl. Heat for 30 seconds, stir. Repeat and stir to melt the chocolate.
- Whisk together the eggs, Truvia™ natural sweetener, sugar, salt, vanilla and milk in a separate small bowl.
- Add the egg mixture to the chocolate mixture and stir until well combined.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder.
- Fold flour mixture into the chocolate mixture using a rubber scraper, until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour batter into an 8x8 square pan.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes. Do not over bake.
- Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack for at least 20 minutes.
- Cut into sixteen squares.
Source: Republished with permission from Truvia