Featured Blog Posts
Raw Macaroon Fudge Bars
A guiltless dessert to satisfy the greatest of chocolate lovers thanks to Skinny Coconut Oil and other raw, whole ingredients.Yield: Serves 9
Macaroon Cookie Crust:
- ½ cup cashews
- ½ cup almonds (blanched)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut – macaroon grade
- ½ cup dates (pits removed)
- ¼ cup Skinny Coconut Oil
- ½ teaspoon high quality sea salt
- 1 cup raw cashew butter
- 1/3 cup Skinny Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1/3 cup raw cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup raw honey, agave nectar, or coconut syrup
- ¼ tsp. high quality sea salt - 2 Tbsp. lucuma powder*
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract or one vanilla bean scraped
Place all ingredients into a food processor or high-grade mixer and process until uniform.
Press into an 8x8 or Springorm pan. Chill in refrigerator while making fudge filling.
Add sea salt and lucuma powder to cocoa powder. Stir cashew butter, Skinny Coconut Oil, cocoa powder mixer, sweetener and vanilla in a bowl.
Pour mixture on top of chilled macaroon crust and place in refrigerator for at least an hour.
Keep chilled until ready to serve. Slice in to 9 pieces.
Recipe created and sponsored by Skinny & Co. Coconut Oil for DietsInReview.com; Photos by Kacy Meinecke